Kerrie LaRosa, LMSW
Kerrie LaRosa, LMSW has been working with children and families for over 16 years providing individual and family therapy, parent coaching and parent trainings. Kerrie’s approach is both gentle and pragmatic, helping parents tune into their child and parent with confidence. Kerrie’s tailored approach helps parents of children with ADHD understand their child’s needs, develop proactive parenting strategies, and improve their parent-child relationship. Kerrie has provided trainings for both professionals and parents in the areas of child development, discipline, and proactive parenting.
Education and training:
Kerrie earned her Bachelor of Arts from Boston College and a Master of Science in Social Work, from Columbia University School of Social Work, with a focus on Clinical Social Work with Children and Families. Kerrie holds an LCSW #27121 in California and an LMSW #24411 in Maryland. Kerrie is certified in Parent-Child Interaction Therapy and The Incredible Years Parent Program. Kerrie has more than 9 years’ experience providing court-ordered parent education for families involved in the child welfare system of Montgomery County, Maryland and provides expert testimony for the Circuit Court of Montgomery County, Maryland.
Areas of Interest:
• Helping parents with ADHD develop calmer, more consistent parenting approaches.
• Working with parents of children with ADHD understand their children’s needs and develop proactive parenting strategies.
• Empowering parents with tools to raise emotionally intelligent and independent children.
• Helping families overcome barriers to implementing effective parenting strategies.
• Developing co-parenting plans.