Our tutors focus on building academic skills while also helping each student to understand their unique brain. We work with many gifted students that also have challenges such as slow processing speed or specific learning disorders.
Our approach is academic enrichment combined with executive function support. We aim to provide targeted instruction while teaching organizational skills that will allow for ongoing success.
We help students to:
- understand their learning style and
- become more efficient readers
- know how to identify key information from reading assignments
- accurately test their own knowledge when studying for an exam
- become a more effective, strategic test taker
- organize their thoughts in writing and become more fluent writers
- plan and organize their time to avoid last- minute panic at deadlines
Tutoring is offered in person at our center, home, online, or at school.
We understand that students in our area are involved in many extracurricular activities, and it can be difficult to find time for academic tutoring. We hope to eliminate this barrier through offering one-on-one support to students in schools.